View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 03:58 PM   #74
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog
Imo, the shortly lived Obama presidential seal was over the top. He got rid of it after the press ridiculed his campaign but it did appear on his podium at least once. His address at the Democratic convention is another example. I guess this guy needs a stadium for all of his followers? The list of things kids under 12 can do to help his campaign is another (found on his web site). For example, asking kids to have an Obama sleepover sounds like he got the idea from Michael Jackson (sorry that was in poor taste, but you get the idea). That's a short list of things that have turned me off.
Yall give him too much credit. I bet he hasn't read every word on his website just like he didn't design the seal. He's working in a thousand person operation and I'm sure someone whipped that on his site and some brand manager made the recommendation for the seal, which his advisers and managers took, and Obama might not even have known about it. It's like any national business, you're not going to know every marketing detail of every product.

I think these little things are over the top, too, but I don't automatically attribute it to him.

What was wrong with his convention speech? Why have confetti fall at the RNC? Both parties liked their respective set-ups and that's basically the purpose of a convention (get your base riled and ready to roll).

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote