Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 09:44 AM   #1625
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

What exactly do we know for certain about MPJ's back issues? I mean, if you need surgery like he had, then I would find it hard to believe it isn't chronic. He had a microdiscectomy of his l3 and l4 disks. It's a successful and safe surgery from what I've read, but I seriously can't imagine anyone that young needing back surgery without it being chronic.

I just feel like back and feet issues are a huge death knell in the NBA. You can overcome them, sure, but will you be the same player you could have been without them? (Harris's career definitely derailed from his foot issues)

I know Bamba had a foot injury near the end of last season which is definitely something to look into as well. I think it was his toe.

Mavs always seem to deal with a myriad of injuries, and I just think it's too risky to rely on a bad back guy who NEEDS to be a superstar. He can't just be kinda good with a nagging injury issue because that, IMO, is a wasted pick.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote