Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 10:44 AM   #1629
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I think we can safely assume Ayton, Doncic, and Bagley will be gone by the time we pick. It will be down to Jackson Jr., Bamba, MPJ, and Bridges.

To me, I've come around on the idea that this team needs a scoring threat with a huge ceiling just as much as they need a big rebounding and defensive presence in the middle. Bridges would be so nice to have, but I think this high in the draft, you swing for the fences with the upside.

Tough call here, as MPJ would be a no-brainer, and likely not on the board at 5, should he be fully healthy. Teams now have to weigh the risk of if he can remain healthy, because that's his only real question at this point. The kid is a pure scorer in the mold of KD, and could shore up some rebounding woes, too. Defensively, we would still need help from FA or another draft, but it is exciting to be able to improve in one of those two areas.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote