View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 06:24 PM   #36
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay3189 View Post
So was Solange wrong for doing what she did to Jay-Z in the elevator? We live in a VERY double standard society. The camera caught more of what Solange did to Jay-Z than what Ray Rice did to his girlfriend. I do not condone a man to beat a woman just for the hell of it, but the same goes for a female as well, a female can spit on a man, punch him in the face, kick him in his nuts, and if the man retaliates by slapping her, the news will ignore all of the things the female did prior and just focus on the guy's retaliation. So one sided
I agree that Solange (ugh) was 100% wrong in attacking Jay-Z, and that every woman that strikes a man for any reason except self defense is wrong too. And if Jay-Z legitimately felt like his well-being was in danger, I think he's well within his rights to defend himself as well. But let's be honest... unless Ray Rice's fiancee/wife had a sledgehammer, there's pretty much no chance she's going to be able to hurt him. He clearly used excessive (and until I see otherwise, I assume physically unprovoked) violence against a helpless woman, considering the size difference between the two of them. He's a gutless coward and deserves every single bit of the criticism he is getting right now, and then some (x100).

I personally don't feel like the two incidents are that similar at all, except that they both featured famous people in elevators.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote