View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 12:04 AM   #39
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Any time a woman is abused by a man, the conversation starts and ends with how big of a piece of shit he is. I take no other factors into consideration, least of which being "she's partially at fault for 'instigating' the confrontation".
I think that is a highly irrational and irresponsible way of thinking to say the least. I will continue to say that I will never condone violence against women, but for us to sit here and pretend that it's impossible for a woman to put herself in an unfavorable situation is madness. No way in hell am I going to defend Ray Rice's actions, but for people to act like he was just a deranged lunatic who just randomly started doing the shit he did is pretty stupid. It's a pretty simple concept to me: Women shouldn't hit men and men shouldn't hit women. Case closed. This shit should be common sense but I guess it's not.

PS- I keep hearing this "blaming the victim" stuff but in a situation where someone hits you and you hit them back aren't YOU technically the victim? Let me clarify that question by making it clear that I'm NOT saying Rice was the victim. I'm just asking about the technicalities in such a situation.

Last edited by LSMF; 08-02-2014 at 12:06 AM.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote