View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 11:17 AM   #118
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
First of all, this is NOT what you were talking about when you opened this thread.

Second, this is a LUDICROUS "possibility", and I use that term very loosely.

Do you really think Billups would opt out of his contract and take LESS money than what he would have gotten in Detroit? That's so insane. Do you realize there are reports out of Milwaukee that they are gearing up to offer him a MAX contract, or something very close to it?

And if Billups DID decide to take so little money, he could simply sign for that tiny amount in Dallas, not do a sign and trade for Harris.

If Billups does a sign and trade, the entire POINT will be to get more money than the MLE, at which point you're talking about sending significant contracts back, probably starting with Terry.

Just for the record, I don't necessarily think it's a ridiculous notion to think the Mavs could somehow get Billups. If things go poorly this seasos, maybe we COULD work out a sign and trade. But we won't have gotten him because Cubes just decided to "break the bank" and sign him outright, and it won't be without sending significant players and contract to Detroit.

That's the point of this thread.
The problem is that YOU dont decide what "Break the Bank" means. I posted it, so my logic behind it stands. I even pointed out in my post that I should have said "Break open the Bank". But since I posted the thread, I could NOT change the title. Now last season, I feel that Cuban did NOT open the bank at all. I think he pretty much just used the MLE and got two players and traded equal money for the rest. I think that Cuban should "Break open the Bank" and spend more to get us better. Whatever that entails?

Quote:
Do you realize there are reports out of Milwaukee that they are gearing up to offer him a MAX contract, or something very close to it?.
What reports????? Reports here in Dallas is that the Mavs are gearing up to get Billups. So what is your point?

Quote:
If Billups does a sign and trade, the entire POINT will be to get more money than the MLE, at which point you're talking about sending significant contracts back, probably starting with Terry.?.
Speaking of insane, why would Billups at 31 want to go to the Bucks? So your point was insane. I think that Billups if he leaves the Pistons, still wants to go to a team that can win title now. I dont see any teams like that with more than MLE money. So, my guess that another option is to sign a one year contract, and test out the market again after trying to win another title. I really think that Billups is NOT that happy in Detriot, ever since they lost Wallace, and I also think that Billups does NOT believe in the coach any longer. That is also why I feel change MAY be need for him or maybe the Pistons feel they need a new coach. Now, I am assuming this only. I also think that if the Pistons dont win the title this year or let the Bulls come back to win the series, that the wheels will be spinning in Piston-land..