View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 11:49 PM   #187
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Do you not honestly understand that colors are not analogous to announcers?

Do colors receive awards for their job?

Are colors actually ranked?

Announcers ARE. This is a JOB. There IS criteria for what makes a good one and a bad one. There ARE awards for announcers based on their skill.

Do you realize that?

Sure it's an opinion, but saying it's as subjective as colors is FALSE. An announcer is a JOB just like an architect. Are you going to say that arguing Frank Gehry is a better architect than whoever designed your house is just as subjective as liking one color to another?

Do you not honestly understand this?
You miss the mark again. We aren't comparing people in different rungs of jobs, like the world-famous architect who collects millions per job versus the young graduate who's just making his way. We're comparing the top announcers on the NBA's two primary networks. They all have the exact same job at the exact same level. There are no similar criteria on which to compare them. You conceded as much when I asked you for objective criteria and you gave me a Google search.

It's gonna baffle some people why I waste so much time with you, but frankly, it's cause I'd like to see you stick around without alienating yourself from almost everyone here all the time. You offer some real value here, but you constantly negate it by blatantly ridiculing people who carry different opinions than you. And what's worse, you usually do so on matters that are firmly within the realm of reasonable disagreement. Like who is the best NBA announcer.

And that's the point of the color analogy, which has been spot on this entire time. You are so firmly convicted in your own opinions that you don't even realize what's a fact and what isn't.

It's sad, man. I mean that. Wake the hell up.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 02-23-2011 at 11:50 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote