View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 01:11 AM   #19
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Two words: Bounce Back. These Mavs have shown all season long that when they get down, they will not stay down for long. They have studied their opponent. They know both their strengths and weaknesses. Parker and Manu have shown themselves to be merely side-kicks to the real strength of that team -- Duncan. If I'm not mistaken, the Mavs are built to throw body after body at Duncan. The Spurs are the team the Mavs are built to beat, and therefore, my friends, I think the Mavs will shock the Spurs and all their fans tomorrow night with a thorough beating.

Dirk has been sharp throughout the series. His focus will be even more heightened. Expect him to brilliantly lead the Mavs to victory tomorrow night. I'm not looking for a forty point game. I'm looking for him to score about 28 points, grab 14 boards, swat 2 or 3 shots, dish out 7 assists, and snag 2 or 3 steals.

Josh Howard always puts his heart on the line. He has had an up and down series, but tomorrow night, he will show why pound for pound he might be the third best player in this series.

Devin Harris is the guy who will benefit most from JT's return. That will be a frightening reality for the Spurs. Once his layups start falling, it will be curtains for maybe the most dominant basketball team of the past decade.

Jerry Stackhouse has taken a lot of flak from a lot of folks. And yes, I've done my fair share of Jerry-bashing on this site. But...one of the things that I love the most about Stack -- and the thing that may be one of biggest keys to a Mavs' victory -- is simply his hunger. He wants this. He wants a ring like almost no other except for Dirk. I believe his hunger will be key. His legs will be rested. He'll be ready to go.

Jason Terry will want this win more than maybe anything he's ever wanted. But likely, his reasons are not the same as Dirk or Stack. It will be difficult for JT to live down his mistake in game five if the Mavs don't win. I worry about JT. As I said earlier, his coming back will benefit Devin immeasurably, but JET needs to not only bring the fire to win, he needs to have a crystallized focused throughout the game. The Mavs need a focused JT to dismantle the Spurs like I know they can. Without it, the game might be an exact replica of the passed three games. I think it was Chum who once said that the Mavs go as Terry goes.

Dampier and Diop are probably the most important ingredients to an early dismissal of the Spurs. They have now had six games to look straight into the eyes of the legend that is Tim Duncan. It is time for Diop and Damp to begin to predict his movements. The coaches on the Mavs are probably no longer as familiar with Duncan as Diop and Damp are. Expect Tim Duncan's palms to be up quite often during this game -- to no avail.

When the Spurs go small, Dirk will have to take on the task of guarding Duncan. I hope to see the defensive stalwart, Adrian Griffin, playing the four in these situations. With JT, Devin, Dirk, Griffin, and Josh, the Spurs small ball team has no chance. Dirk playing center should not be feared tomorrow night. He will be his monstrous best.

The core of this team is destined for greatness. Let's hope that this year is the year that they begin to enter into it.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote