View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 01:52 AM   #22
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
the words "what i love most about Stack" and "key to a Mavs win" should never be used in the same sentence.
Leaders are important, and I don't think there is any doubt that Stack is one of the main leaders on the Mavericks. Eversince he got traded away from a fifty-plus-win Detroit Piston team that would go on to win the championship the following year, he has been salivating at a chance to show that he can also be part of a championship squad. This year is a huge opportunity for him to not only get a championship, but to do so against the team that gave up on him. I'd be worried if Dirk was the only veteran who has learned what coming up short really means. I think a lot of the less playoff experienced players on the Mavs have just not experienced enough disappointment to truly have the hunger to overcome this Spur team. But, Stack and Dirk do, and since they are leaders, I believe it is absolutely "key" that they are on the team to let the other guys know how badly they want this. Just my opinion, of course.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote