View Single Post
Old 01-07-2006, 11:38 AM   #708
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default Ex Post Facto

I liked this post from a blog I was browsing.

Quote:
ROSE BOWL: I have a funny feeling about this game.
The Texas players sound hungry. Not wild-dog hungry, yet they have a quiet resolve. Vince Young plays up the no-respect theme, his teammates aren't so vocal. But privately they're seething that ESPN is showing a fantasy feature on how USC would do against the greatest teams in history.

I've covered more than a dozen bowl games, and only once do I remember a team sounding like these Longhorns. That was at the 1993 Sugar, the last time a pair of unbeatens met in a bowl. Miami was favored to whip Alabama in that one.

On the morning of Dec. 31, Bama coach Gene Stallings was asked how his players would spend New Year's Eve. He said he was taking them to a movie, and we asked which one. Stallings slowly leaned forward, lowered in his voice and in his best Bear Bryant imitation, he growled, "A Few Good Men." The reporters who'd covered Bryant way back said it made them shudder.

And when they played at the Superdome, Alabama had more than a few good men and rolled 34-13. Am wondering which team will have enough good men Wednesday night.
-- Ben Walker

Turns out it was the Horns.

Last edited by MavKikiNYC; 01-07-2006 at 11:38 AM.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote