Thread: The Obama Boom.
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 09:09 AM   #17
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxdemxO View Post
For those who are supporting dude on this issue. Its not even about what you think about Obama, I could careless about him or any politician. Its just How can you guys be stupid and naive enough to think that someone else would be doing better and to make that argument.

I have yet to see one argument from you people that goes something like this "yee Obama sucks and we hate him, BUT to be honest someone else wouldn't be doing any better"

And that's the problem, you guys cant be mann enough to be honest with yourself and to look at things realistically and objectively without you biases...
So if I don't agree with you, I'm not being honest?? Sorry...

I see no history that says that McCain would be sending 1 trillion dollars to democratic political constituencies...none. Anything that McCain or republicans would do here would be heavily, heavily front-loaded and targeted at tax policy...which could get into the economies hands immediately.

You could take 1trillion bucks, take it right off the social security taxes and do worlds more good than this boondoggle. Or take the trillion bucks and buy up mortgage loans or set up refinancing for all...again would do much greater. I'm not sure that McCain would send money to states that will save guvment jobs but do nothing for private-sector jobs either...that's pretty abhorent to me to be honest...as guvment creates no wealth whatsover..but the number of guvment jobs has just passed manufacturing ones and growing.

The stock market falling isn't just some sort of game with no impact...it's real value and savings being washed away like it's no big deal. It IS a big deal...losing 40-50-60% on your savings and the value of your company is a big deal.

The next shoe to drop will be under-funded pension plans, especially state guvment ones.. You wanna bet theOne will bail those out..but private sector pensions will be told to suck it.

TheOne has been a disaster...not unpredicted based on his utter lack of experience..but a disaster.. And I see nothing in his plans( if you can call them that) to alleviate it...except bashing on dissentors and campaigning..he's good at that.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote