View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 12:59 AM   #27
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I think Avery's biggest mistake in Dallas was trying to make the Mavericks the Spurs when the Mavs didn't have nearly the personnel to do it.
That was certainly a major mistake. Although I have to say I think his biggest mistake as coach was not knowing basic kindergarten things about offense like setting picks and throwing entry passes, or having other players actually try cutting down the lane or even moving without the ball AT ALL when your top-scorer gets doubled. Or you could also make a case that his biggest mistake was relying very heavily on every talentless scrub that he could get his hands on.

Or better still, one could argue that his biggest mistake was flushing the next season down the toilet and alienating everyone around him, throwing his players under the bus while absolving himself of any blame for the team's failures.

I have to say I am glad though. Now that he's coaching again I won't have to listen to his idiotic and usually self-serving commentary on TV anymore.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote