View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 10:34 AM   #19
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

If we fired Phillips and hired someone like Bill Cowher or Jimmy Johnson, you could still keep Garrett as the offensive coordinator. He's not a bad X's and O's guy, he just needs to learn how to make his players accountable for their mistakes. Of course, that all starts with the head coach. Cowher/Johnson's biggest strength is being able to coach coaches (you know, like head coaches are supposed to) - all Garrett really needs is someone with the authority to tell him "no" every once in a while.

I still prefer Jimmy Johnson over Cowher because Garrett played under Johnson, so the rapport is already there. Hell, you could even promote Campo (another Johnson guy) to defensive coordinator so you wouldn't have to clean house. Of course, Cowher has tons of friends in the league so it's not like he couldn't put together an excellent coaching staff, but it would probably have to wait until the offseason...

I think the time to fire Wade Phillips is NOW - don't wait until the 'Boys are 1-4 because the season will be completely lost. Hell, I'm sure he's already lost the players, so digging out of this hole is going to be a lot harder than it already is. We need to shake things up because the Cowboys certainly don't resemble a Super Bowl squad. Sliding into a wild card slot doesn't even look possible with this coaching staff - we're looking at a 6-10 team right now.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-11-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote