View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #61
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
The hand-wringing over who starts is really, really silly. If Collison plays well, he'll play a lot. And if it goes horribly with Fisher starting, I'm fairly certain Carlisle is allowed to change his mind.

The starting lineup has been horrible of late. Experimenting with new ideas is exactly what RC should be doing. This isn't the middle of a playoff series.
Correct. Carlisle needs to find a lineup that works. If playing Fisher for 1min and Collison for 47 works, then so be it. If they alternate PGs every minute and we win a few, then so be it.

We just gotta stop playing 5 games under .500 (3-8) so Dirk can come back to a team worth playing for in a position to actually make the playoffs.

If Fisher can be a stabilizing force and help to develop Collison, then it will be a success. I feel like we are exceptionally weak in guard development. Carter is about the best guy we have to work with SGs and he's pretty decent. I love DA, but he was way more of a journeyman and way more like Collison than I'd like and I'm not sure he has the chops to tutor Darren.

If Fisher turns into our primary PG despite failure (a la Murph), then I will be most disappoint.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-29-2012 at 02:16 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote