View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 06:14 PM   #58
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
6. Millwood was sharp. He had command of all of his pitches. But honestly, the difference between him giving up 1 run and giving up 3 runs as he might have last year or the year before was the defense. The defense made any number of nice plays that they might not have made last year.. I've already mentioned Elvis making a nice play. They turned a difficult DP and MY made a couple of plays at third base that they might not have made last year. Like I said. Millwood was in control. However, that could have easily been 8 hits on the board for the Indians to go along with 3 runs if the defense didn't make some plays that weren't necessarily routine.
Definitely agree. This will go overlooked all year by the majority of the media, but it's true.

Quote:
7. I heard Bob and dan griping about the platoon situation.. wanting to know why Blalock was starting.. why Salty was starting.. Well, I suppose Washington pushed the right buttons for one game at least. In fairness to Hank, he hit the ball ok against lefties last year when in the lineup.
The only player that should be in an absolute platoon is Murphy. I'm sure a lot of Teagarden's appearances will come against lefties, but Salty is a 23 year old offensive catcher, if you're not going to find out if he can hit lefties this season when will you ever find out? Expecting TT to play against all lefties is dumb and not well thought out by Bob and Dan.

And Jones...whatever. Without looking it up I don't think Blalock has had just horrible splits against lefties throughout his career. If Hank is going well he'll probably do better against lefties than Jones will, because Jones has flat out sucked for two years.

Quote:
8. Before the season started, I told a friend that I expected a bit less from Kinsler this year simply because he couldn't possibly be as good as he was at the plate again... Hopefully he'll prove me wrong.
I still doubt he's going to spend this season putting up numbers that put him in MVP consideration so I agree with your lowered expectations. But dang I love that dude. Love his attitude, love the way he plays, love everything.

Quote:
10. I love this game.
Yes.

Ha...I guess I could have responded to this at Newberg's. Ah well.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 04-06-2009 at 06:33 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote