View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 07:54 PM   #1340
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I posted this earlier and it seems people should read it if they're still confused.

Quote:
OK...found this on ESPN

Quote:
Q. What if I, as a team manager, choose not to keep the maximum number of players allowed in my keeper league?
A. If an owner chooses not to keep the maximum number of players allowed, they will draft a new player from the available pool once all keepers have been retained. For example, assuming a four team league with a maximum of three keepers, where two owners choose not to keep three players, a straight (not snake) draft will occur as follows:

1st round:

Adam obtains first of three keepers

Brian obtains first of two keepers

Chris obtains first of three keepers

Dave drafts a player from available player pool

2nd round:

Adam obtains second of three keepers

Brian obtains second of two keepers

Chris obtains second of three keepers

Dave drafts player from available player pool

3rd round:

Adam obtains third of three keepers

Brian drafts player from available player pool

Chris obtains third of three keepers

4th round (regular draft selections for all owners):

Adam drafts player from available player pool

Brian drafts player from available player pool

Chris drafts player from available player pool

5th Round (regular draft selections for all owners and snake format begins):

Dave

Chris

Brian

Adam

etc.
It amounts to this...if you keep 2 players, you're going to be watching the draft until round 3, when you'll have to actually make your first pick. Your first two picks would happen automatically and would be your keepers, presumably in no particular order.