View Single Post
Old 11-29-2004, 05:21 PM   #40
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Dampier - 73 million, Devin Harris...

Quote:
I have been one of the most vocal posters on this board in support of playing Shawn Bradley more often and more consistently. I'm STILL not happy with how they use Shawn. I was also lukewarm about the acquisition of Dampier when he was initially acquired. I wasn't sure exactly how much he would improve the team. Having said that, even considering that he is inconsistent statistically and doesn't always seem to have 100% motivation, I have to admit that Dampier has been a HUGE improvement of the center spot here in Dallas. To suggest that playing a combination of Bradley, Booth, and Benga instead of Dampier would provide equal or better center play is crazy talk, IMO.
I agree....Damp does seem to be the banger that the Mavs have been looking for. Although just watching, I still don't see the Booth fit now. How do you think this team would do with Booth gone, and his minutes going to Bradley and Benga?

Right now, if Nelson would learn how to play Bradley 12-20 min a night, with Damp getting close to 30, and Benga getting the rest, I think they would be better off. I still think Nelson should quit dreaming of Dirk being his center, and keep him away from there. IMO, Dirk has played way to much center already this year, and any time Henderson is in, then Dirk is the Center. I don't mind the Dirk, Henderson, Damp/Bradley lineup, but the Howard, Henderson, Dirk lineup needs to be forgotten about.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote