View Single Post
Old 03-28-2021, 04:27 PM   #89
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I thought they would draft Bane tbh

But after seeing the rookies this year I think the guy who they really missed on was the kid in Detroit (Bey).

That dude is a legit 3&D talent who could have started this year as a rookie for the Mavs.

I don't know how RC wouldn't have started that dude if you watch him.

Hell we could have kept Curry and drafted Bey based on what I've seen from him he's better than Richardson.

Had the Mavs executed properly this past off season Imagine how their future would have looked with the following lineup

Luka
Bey
DFS
Wood
KP

Curry
Brunson
THJ
Kleber
WCS
Bey is already putting down numbers similar to Richardson but with nearly a 40 percent rate from 3's. Lot of Green defenders here using the excuse that Carlisle wont play them. I don't think Carlisle has any tolerance for rookies that can't really play well. I dont think that would have been an issue with Bey. My admittedly pessimistic view on this is that for what ever reason the Mavs can't seem to attract good free agent talent so building around Luka through the draft is at a premium. We have struck out so far with the exception of Brunson as a nice role player. If it turns out Green doesn't become a legit starter within a year or two then it was a failed draft choice and a total whiff in the chance to build around Luka. The Mavs only have a few year window to build around him IMO.

Last edited by Zeus; 03-28-2021 at 04:30 PM.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote