View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 02:43 PM   #205
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
If you haven't seen The Knick, then you are missing out. I know a lot of people probably don't get or watch Cinemax, but I'm sure you can find the show somewhere on the net. Def worth it.
Totally agree. Went over to a friend's place with Cinemax and we watched the pilot. It's brutal but addictive. It definitely scratches lots of itches-- historical fiction, medical drama, intense soap opera with action, etc.. Clive Owen and Andre Holland have some of the most absolutely brilliant performances I've ever seen. Definitely worth a watch if you're not squeamish about blood/surgery.

Also just started Outlander and Strain and I've been really liking both. My husband doesn't really like Outlander, but it's also a great historical drama about a woman who gets transported from 1940s Scotland to 1740s Scotland. May be more female-oriented, but lots of manly Scottish men being Scottish and some interesting history about the fight against the British. Definitely not for everyone, but I've been liking it.

Strain isn't fantastic, but it's just super-addictive and brings the gloom and scares with the best of them (X-files, first two American Horror seasons).Pretty interesting and has my husband and I captivated. Good stuff if you like ridiculous H.P. Lovecraft-inspired shows/movies and movies like Contagion (CDC detective work) and Blade/Underworld (over-the-top/ridiculous supernatural craziness)

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 09-15-2014 at 03:17 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote