Thread: TiVo HD
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 11:19 AM   #20
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
I don't have Dish, I don't have access to FIOS, I have Comcast. And comcast's DVR sucks. Seriously. It doesn't record things on the list, the fast-forwarding lags behind, there's no auto-correction for over fast-forwarding (this is one of the best things on TiVo).

Plus, Comcast requires you to have their full digital service to have their DVR, even if you just want to record HD channels. You can watch HD channels with the HD box without having the full digital service, but can't get the DVR box. So it's an additional 30 bucks a month, plus the 12 dollar DVR rental fee. Drop that down when using the TiVo HD (uses Cablecards, which Comcast provides at the lowest cable level), and I'm cutting down on my costs.

My question to the rest of you is: have you ever used a TiVo?
No...you ever tried a gay man?

I'm sure it's a wonderful thing but unless my cable company is going to offer it to me for the $5 bucks they do now, I'm just not interested in spending the dollars. I'd rather have a year or so of blockbusteronline or netflix for my dollars.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote