View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 10:19 PM   #693
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
So...hmm. I predicted this would happen, and I was of the opinion that Feliz would not be ready to start this year.

But the more I hear Nolan talk, the more annoyed I get. He flat out said that Feliz would be starting if the weren't bullpen weren't such a problem. And that's just not ok. Starters are way, way, WAY more important than bullpen pitchers, and if Feliz is ready to contribute as a starter, he's going to make your team better there.

And it's not like we have fantastic depth in the rotation either, not until (unless?) Webb is healthy. Hunter got hurt today and is now questionable for the start of the season, meaning you're looking at Kirkman or Dave Bush.

I dunno, I'm not real up in arms on this like the entire Sabre community is, but I do think it's dumb if the primary reason was bullpen instability based on Spring Training results.
You definitely were wrong about him not being ready, but I am with you on being frustrated with the reason they chose to keep him in the pen. It just sucks. But as I just told muzak - it is what it is. Move on and let's figure out a way to have a successful season without a helluva stud holding down one of the 5 rotation spots.

Here is to Harrison, Hunter (if healthy), and Holland growing up real fast.