View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 02:40 PM   #104
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
per MMB (https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2022/1...quese-chriss):

New Hardship 10-Day

My reading of rules is that Chriss can sign a 3rd Hardship 10-Day contract. The big catch is that Chriss could only play for the Mavericks as long as Porzingis is in Health and Safety Protocols. When Porzingis comes out protocols, Chriss would immediately cease to be available to the Mavs unless another player enters protocols. Porzingis went into protocols Jan 3rd so he could emerge any day now. This certainly isn’t a long-term option and may not even be a short term option. Kristaps Porzingis could emerge before Wednesday’s game.
I anticipate we will either
1) Waive WCS or
2) Trade him away with a second-rounder for rights to someone to clear a roster spot

That should happen by Wednesday. Then again, we can extend the time KP is out because all SHPs are handled by the team. Mavs could hypothetically not report KP's testing (if he is testing negative) for a few days beyond to give us time to get a trade going.

I think the Mavs have held off on waiving WCS because he's excellent salary ballast for potential trades and if they waive him, they lose his utility in trade in addition to his money being dead money.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote