View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004, 03:44 AM   #4
NBAGnome

NBAGnome is on a distinguished road
Default RE:This Dream Team turns back time

Quite a few articles on the US teams loss posted but not a lot of conversation. Does anyone think they can still win gold? Who would YOU have put on the team?

I think their odds are about 50:50 now. They sure as hell look vulnerable right now thats for sure, but i have little doubt they will fail to advance to the semi-finals, a loss or two in this round won't kill the Gold chances. I still believe the US can win if they play stellar defense, and I mean stellar. I think its great that the other teams are being competitive, its exciting, i look forward to the rest of the games. The Puerto Rico game was fun to watch.

Our interior D hasn't been too shabby (usually). Especially when Odom and Duncan are both in the game (the starters) they create a mean athletic combo and are blockin' machines down there against the other bigs that don't nearly have their athleticism and length.

Rather it seems the US is getting burned by guard play...

Marbury is actually the winkest link in the guard rotation, hes being forced to guard 2s, it ain't workin. Iverson is playing solid D against points, but when Wade and LeBron are out they have so much size and athleticism on the opposing guards, if LeBron could only be focused on D they could potentally shut down the guard play. Watching LeBron he has so much raw physical talent its incredible, he has the potential to completely shut down any guard he'll ever see in international play with his raw quickness, size, length, strength, and athleticism, he has it all. Often hes guarding 6' 4 SG guys that he should be shutting down COMPLETELY.

I look forward to the rest of the games, this is actually funner to watch than us blowing out international teams.