Thread: Mein Drumpf
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 12:26 AM   #712
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
No, its actually not. There is zero reason that the USA has such a trainwreck system. Except that this system helps certain companies and also people to rip everyone off and get filthy rich. And through the also trainwreck political system they are shelling out enough donation money to politics so nothing changes.

They could afford univeral healthcare like so many other western countries and for sure they could have a private system similar to other countries private system. But not a private system were people lying on the street begging people not to call an ambulance because that alone is going to cost them like 1300 bucks, a gazillion GoFundme pages because of medical emergencies etc

Seriously, what kind of life quality is it when you are sick or you had a minor accident at home and the first question is not "crap, i need a doctor, lets go". Instead its "how much this is going to cost me" and after it "can i afford it" and so often the answer is "no" and the people throwing some Oxys instead.

In germany i had universal healthcare and its awesome. And people are willing to pay for it with a little bit higher taxes because you get so much back. Now i live in brazil (aka a "shithole country" like Donnie would say). I have a normal private insurance over my wifes work. They charge like 2% of her salary to have us both covered.

- fell down stairs at home because they were wet, teared something in the shoulder. Xray, MRT, 10 hours of physical therapy all covered
- did Lasik eye surgery, all covered because i had more than 5.0 dpt
- dental covered. i can go twice a year for checkup/cleaning. Had two root canals done and 4 ceramic inlays. All covered.
- eye doctor checkups covered
- did a complete health checkup with blood work, exercise EKG, heart ultrasom etc, all covered

Just some examples. How private health insurance in a shithole country looks like. Ah and like half of my doctors studied part time in europe or the USA. I really cant believe how easy its for the healthcare sector in the US to keep on spinning "our system is great, it has to be so expensive blablabla", "universal healthcare would be the downfall and break our awesome system blabla"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z2XRg3dy9k
No argument here man! Unfortunately almost half our population is an unholy combination of gullible, dumb, and easily scared.