View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 08:46 PM   #13
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
No, but I bet I know more women who have lost WANTED pregnancies to miscarriage than women who have never mentioned their abortions...

The numbers are ridiculously skewed - if 1/3 of the women in this country got abortions by 45, then our population would be shrinking... rapidly.
Unfortunately the number is reasonable. At least statistically. In the US 21 in 1000 woman have an abortion each year. Of course there´ll be lots of women who do have more than one in their lifetime, but still 1/3 by the age of 45 seems to be very reasonable. In the "civilsed" world Russia has the highest numbers at 47 out of 1000. France has 18 and UK 19 in 1000. Lowest numbers are Germany with 7 in 1000 and Switzerland with 6.5.

And no I don´t have a source. So you have to take my word on it. For stuff like this i despise internet sources. I wrote a paper about poverty and abortion a couple years ago, and those are the numbers I remember. They probably are a little outdated, I´d guess out of a paper or studie from 2000-2005.

Edit: I did a quick search, and Wikipedia has nearly the same numbers for 2003.

Last edited by Fidel; 04-18-2011 at 09:13 PM.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote