Thread: LOST: SEASON 5
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 12:12 AM   #45
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I would imagine you'd have to wait until tomorrow to watch it online....

Now get out of here, you shouldn't read anything going on in here right now.

So...that was amazing. That was what this show has been building towards. This little show that started out with people trying to find water and food is finally reaching the heights that only Cuse and Lindelof knew it would when they set out on this journey. It's finally what it should be: A full throttle Science Fiction show with crazy pacing and every second is filled with pertinent information and plot development. It's a show that you must have your thinking cap on to watch, and you must have an open mind and a razor sharp attention span to get everything out of it that you should. Also, you still probably have to watch each episode 2 or 3 times. This show is really getting good now.

-They've painted themselves into quite a corner with the Oceanic 6; But that's what they want me to think. Hurley is going to jail. Sayid is back to hating Ben again (for some reason to be named later). Kate doesn't want anything to do with these two yahoos (Ben and Jack) and Sun is really busy with her own stuff. How in the hell is Ben going to get them (apparently in the next 70 hours?) to go back? He's Ben. He always has a plan.

-Who was the lady in the butcher shop? She seemed awfully "in the know"

-Mrs. Hawking...wtf? She's apparently some kind of brilliant mathematician and knows as much about the properties of the island as anyone (or more) than we've met so far. The little * marks on her map...They look like probable island locations. I love how they've camped the majority of this in something that could be at least fictionally considered "scientific".

-Desmond. They could have easily ended his story line, but they stuck with him. And it made sense as soon as Daniel said it. He said that Desmond was special. That the rules didn't apply to him. This radical and far-out idea actually sounded like a bit of sense from this chaotic mess, as we've been pre-conditioned to know that Desmond is indeed very different from everyone else. Daniel may have saved them all a good 4, 5 or 6 years before it actually happens.

-The writers laid out their rules for time travel. Thank you. Are you watching, Heroes writers? You sorry bunch of idiots? LOST makes no mistake in explaining (maybe the only thing that was explained tonight) that things are the way they are. They're not going to be changed...unless it's Desmond. I can dig it.

-The Richard Alpert scene....What a WTF scene that was. First of all...lets say that this incarnation of John Locke that we're currently following...let's say his narrative does eventually lead him to telling some future Richard that he was hurt and sitting by the plane...ummm...How does Richard then go back in time, purposefully to help John and give him the compass? Hmm?

-Richard told Locke he'd have to die to make it all happen the right way. WHY????

-Why are the 815ers, Juliet, AND the freighter folk the ones that are skipping through time? Why (according to Richard) do "the Others" not do that? We're still presuming that with "the others" are many of the people that were pulled from the tail section of the plane?

-Miles using his bizarro gift to find a dead boar...funny.

-People in military uniforms, with blades and flaming arrows. I thought immediately of the "US Army knife" found by Ana Lucia. Then the dude started in with his British accent. So much for that. But still...what time period is that? The dude called it "our island".

What were islands in the pacific used for in the era of the dudes uniform? Nuclear testing?

The Mrs Hawking thing is the most vexing of all. What is her history? I badly want to know now. How does Ben know her? She indicated that if they don't go back, there would be repercussions for people not on the island...presumably...everywhere?