Thread: LOST: SEASON 5
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 09:44 AM   #77
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
From my general sense of things, I'm relatively certain that even Cuse and Lindelof really didn't know where the hell they were going during the first couple seasons.

Obviously they set the SciFi groundwork from the get-go, but my impression is that they really didn't have the finish line mapped out. About halfway through Season 3, the quality of this show suddenly jumped up several notches, and I don't think that timing was a coincidence. The show started becoming really good once those guys finally did figure out where the hell it was going.
Cuse/Lindelof insist that the Adam/Eve skeletons from early season 1 will be a testament to exactly how much they knew from early on. I don't know exactly what I think about that.

The reason the show took such a dramatic turn towards finally moving the plot along in the middle of season 3 is because that's when they negotiated the end date with ABC. They then could finally move the story along at a quicker pace, not being afraid of having to stall indefinitely anymore.

But certainly I agree, I think they've been to some extent figuring this all out as they've gone along, at least until season 3. Jack yelling "we have to go back" and everything that's happened since...that's pretty strong evidence that at that point they had a loose road map to the end in hand.