View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 12:01 PM   #858
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
OKC lacked the maturity to close out the series under a massive amount of pressure. You can't put the blame solely on one person but the majority definitely resides on Durant. I do agree with the TNT crew that KD would be stupid to leave given what they've built there and the quality of still young players. Honestly, I'm sure GSW will make a pitch to him, but he doesn't really fit with the rest of their team and may actually hurt more than help.

I wouldn't say the majority of the blame is on Durant. He definitely needs to be more assertive at times, but Westbrook's ill-advised shots often results in a complete turnaround in momentum. Not to mention all the missed wide open shots by Roberson (2-11) and Waiters (2-9), both of whom combined to miss all 9 threes they took. And don't get me started on Donovan's rotation. Thunder were at their best when they moved the ball and had Adams or Kanter down low to clean up. I get that they wanted to make sure they were able to switch picks but you can't let the Warriors dictate what sort of game you're playing or you've already lost. 35 minutes for both Kanter and Adams is just not good coaching.