View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 09:21 PM   #867
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

If the CBA is re-negotiated and not extended, the owners really need to push for a provision that allows players to sign extensions of higher value than what they could get in free agency. Right now there's no reason for them to re-sign, ever... if they're really concerned with the whole "small market teams can't sign/keep superstars" that's one of the first things they should address. I think that whole concept is bullshit, as top-tier players have gravitated towards winning organizations instead of just glamorous ones, but it's a small-ish thing I see that can contribute to greater competitive balance.

And FWIW if it was up to me, there would be no salary cap, no max salaries and no luxury tax. I want owners in the league that are here to compete. The new TV deal guarantees enormous profitability.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote