View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 04:06 PM   #17
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
by requiring a citizen to go to the dmv (for instance) to register is placing a burden, in this case that of mobility, to their exercising the right to vote.

the process seems to be working well without these id requirements. while I do want to do what we can to protect against fraud, it is most important to do what we can to protect the voter's right to cast a ballot.
I tend to disagree, I believe that the process is providing for a HUGE Fraudulant voter turnout and I believe this needs to be corrected.

But I also believe that ALL eligible voters should have an equal opportunity to cast their vote.

Thus, in the case of the voter with a legitament mobility challenge, I believe we can have resources to identify these individuals and then set up resources to assist them with getting registered. In extreme cases, perhaps having a Police officer show up at the individuals residence to take a digital picture and submit the registration with the local registration affiliate. Ultimately sending them a Voter ID Card.

Do you see the value in setting up a system that has a stronger accountability regarding proof of citizenship in order to register to vote?

What's the harm in revamping the current system?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote