View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #18
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
I tend to disagree, I believe that the process is providing for a HUGE Fraudulant voter turnout and I believe this needs to be corrected.
there have been relatively few cases of fraud shown to exist.

Quote:
But I also believe that ALL eligible voters should have an equal opportunity to cast their vote.

Thus, in the case of the voter with a legitament mobility challenge, I believe we can have resources to identify these individuals and then set up resources to assist them with getting registered. In extreme cases, perhaps having a Police officer show up at the individuals residence to take a digital picture and submit the registration with the local registration affiliate. Ultimately sending them a Voter ID Card.

Do you see the value in setting up a system that has a stronger accountability regarding proof of citizenship in order to register to vote?

What's the harm in revamping the current system?
any requirement that imposes barriers to a citizen voting is a detriment and needs to avoided. we should make it as easy as we can for all citizens to be able to vote. realistically, people are for the most part lazy and do not exercise this right as they should. it's really embarrassing to see the voter turnout in the single digits for some elections.

requiring people to obtain an id only provides a vehicle to deny targeted groups the ability to vote.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote