View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 04:52 PM   #19
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
there have been relatively few cases of fraud shown to exist.

any requirement that imposes barriers to a citizen voting is a detriment and needs to avoided. we should make it as easy as we can for all citizens to be able to vote. realistically, people are for the most part lazy and do not exercise this right as they should. it's really embarrassing to see the voter turnout in the single digits for some elections.

requiring people to obtain an id only provides a vehicle to deny targeted groups the ability to vote.
We see reports of frauds...dont' ask me for a link, I don't have one at this time. Of recent we are hearing numerous cases against one specific organization. From what I gather these are dominated by "Registration Fraud" not specific Voter Fraud, which indeed are two separate issues. But the slope from one to the other is not that far. Thus the perception is clearly there and there is a level of MIS-trust in the system as it is today.

What I don't understand is how can a system that requires proof of citizenship deny those eligible to vote...how does it keep them from voting?

As for your point about people too lazy...I have no empathy for them. I can honestly say that I used to be one of those people. Not only lazy, but in many cases people are not aware of what they need to do to register, so they simply don't find out and never actually register.

Early in my voting eligibility days, I didn't bother to register nor vote...that was my bad as well as my fault. The opportunity was there and I chose not to participate. Honestly, at the time, I had no CLUE what politics meant and actually had some "Community" group found me, I would have registered and most likely voted "Democrat" ... as I've learned more and become more educated on issues, I feel more qualified to vote and now actually cast my vote on a regular basis...as you know my vote is "Republican"...all though I wish I could remove the "R" or "D" tag and vote for individuals who stand by genuine Conservative values.

Anyway, I strongly support a system that would increase the integrity of the Voter Registration and ultimately voter system.

If people CHOOSE not to participate, then the choice is on them. Again, those with a legit need, we can provide transportation...we have plenty of resources.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote