View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 08:48 AM   #25
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
We see reports of frauds...dont' ask me for a link, I don't have one at this time. Of recent we are hearing numerous cases against one specific organization. From what I gather these are dominated by "Registration Fraud" not specific Voter Fraud, which indeed are two separate issues. But the slope from one to the other is not that far. Thus the perception is clearly there and there is a level of MIS-trust in the system as it is today.

What I don't understand is how can a system that requires proof of citizenship deny those eligible to vote...how does it keep them from voting?

As for your point about people too lazy...I have no empathy for them. I can honestly say that I used to be one of those people. Not only lazy, but in many cases people are not aware of what they need to do to register, so they simply don't find out and never actually register.

Early in my voting eligibility days, I didn't bother to register nor vote...that was my bad as well as my fault. The opportunity was there and I chose not to participate. Honestly, at the time, I had no CLUE what politics meant and actually had some "Community" group found me, I would have registered and most likely voted "Democrat" ... as I've learned more and become more educated on issues, I feel more qualified to vote and now actually cast my vote on a regular basis...as you know my vote is "Republican"...all though I wish I could remove the "R" or "D" tag and vote for individuals who stand by genuine Conservative values.

Anyway, I strongly support a system that would increase the integrity of the Voter Registration and ultimately voter system.

If people CHOOSE not to participate, then the choice is on them. Again, those with a legit need, we can provide transportation...we have plenty of resources.
indeed there are two different issues that you are mixing together. the instances of registraion fraud occurs due to the efforts to register as many potential voters as possible and the manner in which the registars have been compensated. when these registars are paid per registration the potential for fraud increases.

the instances of actual voter fraud are few and far between. the government officials review the registrations to make certain the voter is eligible- hence the stories about the above mentioned fraud, which were found and removed.

my view is if the system isn't broken there is no need to fix it. in this case the election day voting process is not broken, there has not been problems with ineligible voters allowed to vote, therefore there is no need to place burdens on the voters that might get in the way of their casting a ballot.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote