View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 02:30 AM   #25
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice analysis. You would think that at some point they'd have to cool off. The one that really surprises me is Chauncey. I know that historically he's their best 3-point shooter but he takes a lot of contested 3's. To shoot 46% when you have a hand in your face as often as he does is impressive and may not be sustainable.

While Rasheed's number should come down too, I wonder if we're not seeing the Joe Johnson effect there. Johnson was a 34% career shooter before last year. Then he joins Steve Nash and plays in that wide open offense and all of a sudden he's knocking them down at a 47% clip. I just checked his numbers for this year and he’s back to 35%

Based on the games that I've watched, Rasheed gets a ton of open looks off of kick-outs and just superior ball movement. Don’t know if that theory will hold up or not…time will tell.

At one point last year, PHX was 31-4 so obviously there’s still a lot of basketball to be played. Of course the Suns were playing in the West. Det is in the watered down East and they’ve already made trips to Dallas, Memphis, PHX and LA.