View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 12:49 AM   #11
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Maggette's an undisciplined player playing for an undisciplined coach. Put him in a system where he's not allowed to chuck it up whenever he wants and he'll probably go back to attacking the rim and taking better shots.

Plus I'd expect his percentage to go back up as the season goes along even with the Warriors.

I'd be all over bring in a player like him.
I was in favor of him in the offseason. Maggette and Mike Miller were my guys. Different types of scoring when you look at the two of them, but they both fill a need for the roster. He doesn't fit the apparent mold we're going for though, with his new contract...the 2010 plan.

I can't imagine it's THAT easy for Maggette, yeah just give us Stack and we're all good!

That just makes the management in GS sound terrible when you read that first part of the hoopshype article. "We've got money burning in our wallet...I dunno if he fits a legit need, but he's the biggest name left, let's go get him! Um, nevermind we can keep our own guy, so let's take care of this buyers remorse."