View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 12:28 PM   #48
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Better rebounding, probably better D. The biggest difference would be in cost. I'd also argue fit as, while I haven't seen him play, I'd bet AFA isn't near as big an offensive black hole as Barnes can be at times.
Barnes: 16.3 FGA (per 36)
Aminu: 9.0 FGA (per 36)

They're totally different players... Barnes is score-first/score-only, whereas Aminu is more of a glue guy along the lines of what Rick has been trying to mold DFS into (Matrix-lite). And, yes, he's much better at rebounding and defense than Barnes for a fraction of the price -- he's coming off of a $7.5m per year contract, and should stay in about that ballpark.

The idea with Aminu would be to find an affordable replacement for Barnes if he opts out or gets traded this summer. I'm not really interested in pairing them up, as I think both of them are more of SFs than PFs... And although Barnes/Aminu would be a better defensive/rebounding fit at the 3/4 than Wes/Barnes, the 3P% and spacing would be a mess... But a guy like AFA works really well if, say, we traded Barnes/DSJ for Conley or somehow landed Kemba this summer (or any scenario that moves Barnes' salary/scoring to the backcourt). I guess Aminu only makes sense for us under the right set of circumstances.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-25-2019 at 12:34 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote