View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 03:23 PM   #54
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
I think there is ZERO chance that Barnes opts out of his $25m he is due next season.
and I doubt anyone would offer him even 75% of that.
Only chance he might opt out would be that he doesn't want to be in Luka's shadow.
best way to rid ourselves of his contract would be if he was involved as a part of a trade package.
I originally put this in a GDT, but here's my opinion on Barnes opting out of his contract:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Opting out actually makes a lot of sense for HB this summer. Sure, he's not going to get another payday as big as the one he's coming off of, but he's healthy and still putting up points, so he should be able to secure at least 4/60. Sure, he'd be sacrificing $10m next year, but he'd be set for the next 4... Plus, if he's unhappy here, it would allow him to choose his next destination -- if he opts in, there's a good chance we trade his expiring contract, and the teams who make those trades tend not to be the best destinations. Opting out this summer allows him to control his own destiny while he's in the best position to do so -- he'd get a fresh start on a new team with a new contract so he can focus on the game and not the business side of things. Barnes seems like a dude who would prefer that... At this point, opting out makes more sense than opting in.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-28-2019 at 03:24 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote