View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 10:01 AM   #60
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

I think the money would have to be a lot closer to his next years $25 million than $12.5 (4/$50). I agree that he's more of a 'control my own destiny' type of guy but remember, it's at most one season playing somewhere else and more than likely half a season as any trade would probably happen close to the TDL. Basically, for him to opt out, a team would still have to overpay for him and it would have to be a city that he would like to play in.

So much as I would like to speed up the process and drop HB and Wes, I think we are still looking at Wes, Dirk, and JJB this year ($27 total) and then HB and DP next year ($35) which is still very much on track for a Luka rebuild. If we just exercise control and not get impatient, the Mavs are in a really, really good place when it comes to salary.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote