View Single Post
Old 10-31-2003, 10:24 PM   #5
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all
Default RE:How about this for Ben Wallace?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Lvubun1
Here we go again. Why was Jamison along with a couple of solid players traded away for NVE and scrubs? Because their isn't a lot of trade value for Jamison because of his contract, 6 years at the max. Now if Ben Wallace was available for Jamison why didn't the Warriors just trade Jamison for Wallace? Why do you think Jamison came so cheap? The Warriors were drugged? Cuban had pictures of Gary St. Jean and Chris Mullin playing naked twister? Their is some conspiacy around the league to give the Mavs good players? We have to realize the reason why Jamison came so damn cheap is because their wasn't alot of demand for him. We have to stop looking at these trades soley talent wise, I'm not sure in the current state of the NBA if their is another owner save Cuban who is willing to pay Jamison a max contract in'till the year 2010, nobody, and if another team is willing to take on Jamison, their going to be willing to send much talent back, kinda like how the W's didn't get much back besides NVE.
You speak of Jamison as if he was some scrub. This was the guy who was the man in Golden State. He obviously will give Detroit a solid SF. That's unless they want to hitch their wagon to Tayshaun Prince or Corliss Williamson. I don't understand why the long contract is such a bad idea for Jamison. He's young, not injury prone and he's a pretty good player. It wouldn't be bad for a team to tie this guy up for a long time. Another thing is that the Pistons already have a lot of Big men. Darco, Mehmet, Rebraca and Campbell. I don't know why Detroit didn't trade for Jamison in the off-season. Maybe the Mavs can pull this off. They seem to be stealing from other teams already. This doesn't look too much of a lopsided trade.