View Single Post
Old 11-01-2003, 12:04 AM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:How about this for Ben Wallace?

Quote:
Wallace isn't a threat from outside 2 feet and he doesn't even have a decent postup game. He will not make us that much better defensively though he would definitely improve us. So even though we'd be raping the Pistons I don't see this helping us that much. The added defense by Wallace won't make up for the lost offense by Jamison coming off the bench.
Ben Wallace does get eaten up from time to time by some of the better inside players...that happens. However, I can't say I really agree with any of this. Why wouldn't Ben Wallace help out that much defensively? That is absurd. Ben Wallace may not be the best defender in the game but he definitely is an impact defender down low.

And who cares if he doesn't score offensively. The Mavs could sacrifice a scorer for a top notch defender/rebounder.. there offense would barely notice.

And for the record, bench scoring can be very highly overrated. The Mavs could easily still have at least two top notch scoring options on the court at virtually all times even without Jamison. Besides, Wallace's additional offensive rebounds would just mean more looks for players such as dirk, aw, fin, and nash...

Wallace would instantly turn the mavs into one of the better rebounding teams in the NBA. Being a top notch defensive rebounding team instantly helps the Mavs defense. Yes, it's only one position..one player. However, a player such as wallace can change a game defensively with his presence.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote