View Single Post
Old 11-01-2003, 11:27 AM   #27
4cwebb
Golden Member

4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light4cwebb is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE:How about this for Ben Wallace?

The strange thing about this thread is that the Mavs don't have a player, other than the Dirk or Nash, that the Pistons really need (or want). If the Pistons wanted a scoring SF, they could have drafted Carmelo. Instead they went with Darko, and will hang their hats on Prince and Williamson at SF. They have a SG in Hamilton that they must like since they just gave him $62 million. They like Billups (but Nash would clearly be an upgrade).

And, let's not forget that Boston was dying to get rid of Walker...so desperate that they were willing to take on Raef's ridiculous contract. Detroit is not, by any means, desperate to rid themselves of Wallace, so in my opinion it would require Dirk or Nash going to Detroit to pry Wallace from the Pistons, and I don't see either Nelson giving up Dirk or Nash. Even offering Walker and Jamison isn't enough. I think the Pistons say no right away.

Oh, and Wallace would help the Mavs D from the start. He would be the only defensive minded player on the floor, and that may make him a bit less effective than he has been in Detroit, but that is still better than anything on the Mavs' roster currently (as pointed out above).
4cwebb is offline   Reply With Quote