View Single Post
Old 11-01-2003, 12:33 PM   #31
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:How about this for Ben Wallace?

Quote:
Originally posted by: V
Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
Murphy Wallace is an impact player down low. Yes is is one of the better defenders in the NBA. I just don't think that just 1 defender will make that much of a difference. Since he sucks on offense Nellie will be less likely to play another defensive player with him.

But does Wallace help us against SA and LA. I don't think the helps that much. He doesn't have the height or size to be that effective guarding Duncan or Shaq. Sure most everyone has trouble with these two. But right now we feel we can get by anybody but them. I think that the offensive capabilities of Jamison gives us a better shot against these two than the added defensive abilities of Big Ben.
I tired of hearing so much about stopping Duncan & Shaq. No one stops Duncan or Shaq. What we're talking about is improving interior defense overall. The Mavs need someone in the middle to discourange penetration & to occasionally throw some sh*t back.

No no one does stop Duncan or Shaq. But LA and SA are the 2 teams that we're trying to move past this year. So any moves we make need to be looked at as how do they help us get better in playing these two teams. If they don't, then why make the trade? We're already ahead of the other teams.

So as to guarding Duncan or Shaq. Nellie won't play two really bad offensive players on the floor at once for any significant stretches. Wallace is a bad offensive player. So that means either Wallace guards Shaq and Duncan or Dirk does. While nobody stops these 2, dirk would be much worse than most in his D or risk getting into fould trouble. If Dirk gets into foul trouble we're sunk. So that means we put Wallace on these 2. Now can we really expect him to even try and slow them down and still close the lane down. If wallace comes over to close the lane down all the guy has to do is pass to Shaq or Duncan and LA or SA scores. Don't see how this helps us get past LA or SA.