View Single Post
Old 11-01-2003, 01:20 PM   #35
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:How about this for Ben Wallace?

I'm just not a fan of wallace. He looks like a lot more atheletic fortson to me. Probalby about the same height come to think about it.

I don't know who the center solution is, I've always thought that one of our biggest issues wasn't inside defense as much as perimeter defense. As far as pushing folks and throwing themselves around fortson does a pretty good job. Doesn't block a lot but will put someone down and surely make a difference rebounding-wise. He's just atrocious (as is wallace) offensively.

Mouring/Malone/Brad Miller were my solutions at center. Possibly one of the Atlanta players would be a fit. But the guy can't be a total zero offensively at the end of games. It just WON'T happen.

You can't name a CHAMPIONSHIP team that has a complete zero on the floor at the end of games. You have to take a longer view of him than just defensive numbers. If he was so durn great he could have carried his team last year, but it didn't/won't happen.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote