View Single Post
Old 11-01-2003, 01:27 PM   #37
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:How about this for Ben Wallace?

Quote:
Wallace would defend Duncan / Shaq as well or better than anyone currently on the Mavs roster... which is to say he probably wouldn't slow either of them down significantly.

So what does Wallace do? Why trade for Walace? Because I would love to see Ginobilli, Rose, Fisher, Payton, Bowen, Turkoglu, Bryant, Mercer, George, Parker, Malone, and Horry get their SH*T packed from the help-side every time they drive to the lane or post up.
V in man-to-man D I gladly will admit that Wallace would guard Duncan and Shaq as well or better than anyone we have on the roster currently. And I don't think that anyone defender can stop either of these 2 or slow them considerably down. It takes a coordinated team effort to have any chance of doing so.

Yes I would love a help side shot blocker to come over and close up the lane. But how do you keep Wallace's man from scoring when Big Ben leaves to shut down the lane? Ben can't be in 2 places at once. That's the point that I'm making. Until we improve our team D, all the opponents have to do is pass to the Ben's man to get a wide open layup when Ben comes to help on dribble drives or postups of other defenders.