View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 10:54 PM   #55
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
the mit study states that world temperatures will rise 3.5 to 4.5 degrees by 2050 if the amount of carbons currently being emitted do not decrease.

most of us know that the cost of such a rise in average tempertures will be huge. my guess is it will be much, much more than the cost of reducing our emissions.

doing nothing will most likely cost more than doing something. acting like an ostrich is not the smart thing to do.

my vote is to do the right thing, that is doing something.
3 1/2 to 4 1/2 degree higher than they are today...sounds like I need to get my Back Deck built and my pool expanded some time in the next 40 years to take advantage of the great weather coming down!!! Now that's change that I can believe in...then again, there is a better chance that I will have moved, or that I'll be 6 feet under in the next 40 years, oh, and I doubt that my kids will take over my house as I anticipate that they will have moved onto their lives in their own household.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote