View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 03:36 PM   #24
jacktruth
Golden Member

jacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud ofjacktruth has much to be proud of

Scientific studies build on scientific studies. So if you build on scientific studies that identify human factors, so does yours. If you build on scientific studies that identify human factors in an effort to refute it, you don't get funding.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that scientists have no agenda. Academics is just as biased about propogating preferred theory as Corporate-funded research.

Seriously, try to get a grant to research the affect of a catastrophic global flood (of biblical proportions!) on land and sea animals. You won't get it because you are cleary trying to disprove the 85 gazillion years theory.

As a side note, according to one of my graduate economics professor at UTA that specializes in environmental law, not a single US environmental regulation was based on scientific knowledge. The research, rather, is focused on the economic impacts of the potential environmental law on local constituents (will I lose my job in the next election if this law passes?).

There is an oil-cartell sized deposit of clean buring coal in Montana that we could be using to reduce emissions? Why don't we? Because politicians from dirty coal states make sure the laws don't allow it.

Last edited by jacktruth; 02-07-2007 at 03:46 PM.
jacktruth is offline   Reply With Quote