View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 06:22 PM   #71
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
paul registers only 1% of the republicans, what makes anyone believe that he can get even to 1% of the overall voters?
Why can he get more than 1% overall? Because he is registering 1% amongst Republicans, and Republicans are more prone to hate him than any other group. Most of his supporters are not republicans...i'd say easily 2 out of 3 of his supporters aren't republicans.

Also, I'd say there's better than even chances that both major party candidates will:
a) Support some form of amnesty for illegal immigrants;
b) Support continuing the war on Iraq.
Assuming that Paul gets on some ballots in the general election--you're talking about a candidate holding positions that resonate with a lot of voters who don't have any other choice.

long story short, I think his support in the republican party represents a floor, not a ceiling.

cheers

Last edited by alexamenos; 05-23-2007 at 06:24 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote