View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 11:06 AM   #1854
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
No lehtinen, Boucher, or Barnes. In the coming days you might learn the full extent of Morrows injury....I suspect Norstrum is nursing something we may find out about. Perhaps Zubov, and others.
And sure enough....
Quote:
Tippett talks about Morrow, Norstrom injuries
11:27 PM Mon, May 19, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Brandon George E-mail News tips

Stars coach Dave Tippett said after Game 6 against the Red Wings in the Western Conference finals that captain Brenden Morrow "hasn't been the same since the last San Jose game."

"He's basically played on one leg since then," Tippett said. "The shoulder injury, I'm not sure where that's going to get to, but there's a small tear in his shoulder."

Tippett also said defenseman Mattias Norstrom, one of the Stars' seven key unrestricted free agents this off-season, battled a sports hernia throughout the entire 18 games of the playoffs.

"It's phenomenal he can get through that," Tippett said.

"That's the grind of the playoffs. It is so hard. Like I say, the commitment that these players put forth is just phenomenal. Until you've been in that dressing room, seeing guys that after a game, they have a hard time moving their leg or moving their elbow, their shoulder doesn't work, and the next day they show up and say, 'When do we play again?' That's what makes our game great."
Ouch. Could be more to come as the lockers get cleaned out.

You wonder, if guys are playing on one leg, torn shoulders, hernias... how bad is Lehtinen really? Boucher? Must be pretty bad. Some of these guys would have to be dead before they're held out.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 05-20-2008 at 11:06 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote