Thread: 2016 Bench
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 09:17 AM   #7
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

I like our bench but the article is still right. For us to improve, Anderson, Powell, and Mejri need to take a big step up. I honestly hope that Anderson becomes a Ginobili type of player that technically comes off the bench but in reality gets starter minutes. If Powell and Mejri step up, then JJB can really make them look good with their superior athleticism for lobs ... and also Curry with his outside shooting. I expect Acy to be a true X-factor. The times I've seen him play, I've really like his effort and what he brings.

However, it's still a huge unknown. Harris (and JJB) could get injured. Powell and Mejri could just be the same as last year with no improvement. Acy could be a foul machine. Don't know much about Curry honestly. It really comes down to health over the season which we have no control and RC who I hope has got the message from Cuban and Donnie to fully develop these younger players. BUT, I agree that I'm really excited to see these guys and expect great things from them.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote