Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 08:09 PM   #756
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

JJJ has his own issues. The foul trouble concerns me, and I mentioned this awhile back, I wonder if the Michigan State coaching staff is even making that a point of emphasis with him. If so, then that bothers me quite a bit. The hope would be that he's young & just grows out of it. I mean, on the brightside, scouts clearly love his defensive ability, so it's not him fouling out of not being able to stay with his man. It's fouling from being too aggressive.

I'm not really worried about his usage rate. I mean, I am a little bit because he hasn't proven that he can do it. I also think he may be more in line for a Draymond Green like "superstar" player as a guy who can do a lot of things well & provide match up problems, while defending every position on the floor & not a "true" superstar as people traditionally think of a superstar.

At the same time, the Spartans run plays for Nick Ward. JJJ is being asked to play a role for the Spartans. I think if he were featured more in their offense, then he could potentially rise to the occasion. I think holding that against him could be a big mistake. Just like NFL teams held it against Tom Brady that the Wolverines were giving playing time to Drew Henson & questioning whether Brady was even that good if his own coaching staff had questions about him i.e. I don't think just becaue JJJ doesn't put up #s over 30 min per game doesn't mean he can't do it.
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote